PEOPLE DIED DUE TO THE FLOOD IN BALOCHISTAN

130 PEOPLE HAVE DIED DUE TO THE FLOOD IN BALOCHISTAN :State leader Shehbaz Sharif arrived at Quetta on a day-long visit on Monday to direct help tasks in the flood-impacted areas of Balochistan.

The state leader’s visit comes as nine additional individuals kicked the bucket in downpour-related episodes in Balochistan throughout recent hours, causing significant damage from such mishaps from June 1 to 136, per the Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA).

Addressing the media during a makeshift camp for flood-impacted residents in the Qila Saifullah locale, the PM looked for activity against significant authorities over their inability to provide the casualties with food and water.

“During my visit here and to different camps, I have been informed individuals are not being given food and water [… ] People said they were not getting any food and water, and when I asked them how could they make due, they said they needed to send somebody back home to get them food,” PM Shehbaz said

It is miserable that these camps are without food and water,” he lamented.

The premier said immediate action should be taken against the district administration concerned. The Balochistan Chief Minister Abdul Qudoos Bizenjo assured him that action would be initiated against the concerned individuals and authorities.

The prime minister said he had issued directives to ensure food was provided at relief camps from today.

CM Bizenjo, who was also present, then directed the provincial chief secretary to suspend the officials concerned if the food was not being provided at the relief camps.

“We were told people have been given one month’s ration,” he said, instructing the chief secretary to probe the matter and suspend the relevant deputy commissioner (DC), tehsildar, PDMA in-charge and appropriate team if the food was not available.

“They are all suspended, and action will be taken against them,” he assured the prime minister.

The chief minister said that if proper relief was not provided at any camp, the relevant DC and other officials should consider themselves suspended.

Earlier, the PM expressed dissatisfaction over the absence of patients’ records at medical camps in tent cities and asked the CM to take action. He further called for an inquiry to determine whether people were being treated at these medical camps or “all of it is only on paper”.

He said the federal and provincial governments would work together to rehabilitate families and the infrastructure affected by the rains and subsequent floods.

“The federal government has announced Rs1 million in compensation, and the provincial government has already disbursed Rs1m,” he said, adding that a compensatory amount of Rs200,000 would be given for a partially damaged house and Rs500,000 for a wholly damaged home.

He said the PDMA would jointly conduct a survey National Disaster Management Authority and the provincial government to determine the damage caused by rain-induced floods, and further compensation would be given accordingly.

Before the media talk, the PM was briefed about relief operations in the area, DawnNewsTv reported.

During the briefing, which was aired on television, the PM was told that four relief camps had been set up in Balochistan — in Qilla Saifullah, Quetta, Kech and Lasbela.

He was informed that livestock and crops had also been damaged. Still, an accurate assessment of the damage they caused would be made after a survey in the third phase of the relief operation.

The premier is also expected to visit flood-affected areas in Chaman.

This is PM Shehbaz’s second trip to Balochistan within a week to oversee relief efforts.

He visited the flood-affected areas of the province on Saturday. He assured flood victims of all possible help and cooperation in rescue and rehabilitation.

State leader Shehbaz Sharif arrived at Quetta on a day-long visit on Monday to direct help tasks in the flood-impacted areas of Balochistan.

The state leader’s visit comes as nine additional individuals kicked the bucket in downpour-related episodes in Balochistan throughout recent hours, causing significant damage from such mishaps from June 1 to 136, per the Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA).

Addressing the media during a makeshift camp for flood-impacted residents in the Qila Saifullah locale, the PM looked for activity against significant authorities over their inability to provide the casualties with food and water.

“During my visit here and to different camps, I have been informed individuals are not being given food and water [… ] People said they were not getting any food and water, and when I asked them how could they make due, they said they needed to send somebody back home to get them food,” PM Shehbaz said

It is miserable that these camps are without food and water,” he lamented.

Government work

The premier said immediate action should be taken against the district administration concerned. The Balochistan Chief Minister Abdul Qudoos Bizenjo assured him that action would be initiated against the concerned individuals and authorities.

The prime minister said he had issued directives to ensure food was provided at relief camps from today.

CM Bizenjo, who was also present, then directed the provincial chief secretary to suspend the officials concerned if the food was not being provided at the relief camps.

“We were told people have been given one month’s ration,” he said, instructing the chief secretary to probe the matter and suspend the relevant deputy commissioner (DC), tehsildar, PDMA in-charge and appropriate team if the food was not available.

“They are all suspended, and action will be taken against them,” he assured the prime minister.

The chief minister said that if proper relief was not provided at any camp, the relevant DC and other officials should consider themselves suspended.

Earlier, the PM expressed dissatisfaction over the absence of patients’ records at medical camps in tent cities and asked the CM to take action. He further called for an inquiry to determine whether people were being treated at these medical camps or “all of it is only on paper”.

He said the federal and provincial governments would work together to rehabilitate families and the infrastructure affected by the rains and subsequent floods.

“The federal government has announced Rs1 million in compensation, and the provincial government has already disbursed Rs1m,” he said, adding that a compensatory amount of Rs200,000 would be given for a partially damaged house and Rs500,000 for a wholly damaged home.

He said the PDMA would jointly conduct a survey National Disaster Management Authority and the provincial government to determine the damage caused by rain-induced floods, and further compensation would be given accordingly.

Before the media talk, the PM was briefed about relief operations in the area, DawnNewsTv reported.

During the briefing, which was aired on television, the PM was told that four relief camps had been set up in Balochistan — in Qilla Saifullah, Quetta, Kech and Lasbela.

He was informed that livestock and crops had also been damaged. Still, an accurate assessment of the damage they caused would be made after a survey in the third phase of the relief operation.

The premier is also expected to visit flood-affected areas in Chaman.

This is PM Shehbaz’s second trip to Balochistan within a week to oversee relief efforts.

He visited the flood-affected areas of the province on Saturday. He assured flood victims of all possible help and cooperation in rescue and rehabilitation.

by profitpk

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *